Visit Dakin Dairy Farm
See a list of all our attractions and learn about our exciting farm tour, where adults and children will learn about 'Where Milk Comes From' and Take a Hayride deeper into the farm.
Due to Summer heat, our touring season is open from the Fall to the Spring, however our cafe and country store will remain open during the summer.
- INCLUDES: See Farm Tours & Attractions Page
- Children under 2 yrs old: Free with an adult.
- SEASON OPENS: First Weekend in OCTOBER with Annual Festival "4 Life".
- SEASON CLOSES: First Weekend in JUNE with Annual Dairy Day Festival.
- Wednesday - Friday: 12:00 PM only.
- Saturday: 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM & 3:00 PM. These are General Public Tours, no reservations are necessary.
- Groups of over 10 should call our Tour Director, (941) 322-2802 Ext. 308, to coordinate your personal Saturday Time.
General Public Tours: $12
- Teachers: 1 per class FREE
- Children under 2 yrs old: Free with an adult
- Groups Must Be Scheduled
Scheduled School Groups: $8
Scheduled Groups (Non-School): $10
30 guest minimum for group rate (smaller groups may coordinate with our Tour Director to add on to another scheduled group M-F)
- HOURS: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- OPEN Monday - Friday: ALL YEAR
- OPEN Saturday's: OCTOBER - First Saturday in JUNE (Closed Sunday)
Farm Market: No charge
- AVAILABLE AT OUR FARM MARKET
- Featuring Our "It's All About The Cheese" Menu
- INCLUDED: 5-Acre Farm Fun Play Area with a $5 picnic purchase per person
- See more at our "Old-Fashioned" Country Picnics page
"Old-Fashioned" Country Picnics
- Season Passes Available: $25 each
- INCLUDES: Sand Mountian, Fossil Dig, Toddler Swings, Tire Swing, Slides, Goat Feeding, Camp Fires for Roasting, Tetherball, and Volleyball! See our Farm Tour and Attractions page
- Opening Saturday, Nov 9: Geo-Navigation Hunt - Hunt for "Clue-Codes", scan them with your phone and follow the clues to complete the course in our technologically enhanced scavenger hunt!
Courtyard/Play Area - 5 Acres of Good Ole Farm Fun : $5 (included in Farm Tour, Hayride, Picnic or Maze purchase)
- Located inside Courtyard/Play Area and is available on Saturday’s or can be scheduled with Tour Director for other dates and times
Cow Train Ride: $3 (Save $1 - $5 combo includes Courtyard/Play Area)
- Take a Hayride deeper into the farm, feed the ducks & perhaps see a baby calf being born as you pass by the Mooternity area!!!
- Fee Includes Courtyard/Play Area Activities
- Christmas Carol Hayrides: Thanksgiving Friday & Every Saturday 10-8pm until Saturday before Christmas
Hayrides: $5 (included with Farm Tour purchase)
- Track Fee: $5.00 (includes use of courtyard/5 acre play area)
- TRACK OPEN: M-Sat. during season
- Rent a bike: $12.00 (if bike purchased after rental, $12 will be credited towards bike purchase)
- Purchase a bike 2-5 yrs. old: $109
- Purchase a bike 6-10 yrs. old: $189
New: Strider® Balance Bikes (2-10 yrs. of age)
Dakin Dairy fell in love with these bikes and this company, so we have officially become a Strider dealer! Strider bikes are pedal less bikes that children 2-10 yrs. old use their feet to propel. Two tracks have been constructed on the farm; one for beginners and another for more advanced riding with dirt moguls.
- Add the Maze to Farm Tour or Hayride: $3
- OPENS: Saturday October 26th
- Open Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm
- NOV. 9 - DEC. 21: Open Saturday's 10am - 8pm
5 Acre Maze
2 Acre Maze - due to 2013 crop conditions:$5 (includes courtyard/playarea):
- Call, visit, or contact our Tour Director to schedule and plan special events, gatherings, and reunions.
- CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND FEES
Birthday Parties: BIRTHDAY PERSON FREE
(join our Mailing List & Like our Facebook Page to Stay Connected):
Opening Day Festival "4 Life": First Saturday of October
Sunset Tour & Hayride: Begins 5pm Saturday’s Nov.9 - Dec. 21, 2013
Dakin Dairy Day - 1st Saturday of Every
- 10am STRIDER Race by Age Groups – Minimum 2 per class
- 10am-2pm Old Miakka Farmers Market – Organic Vegetables, Artisan Breads + Various Local Product Vendors
- Dakin Farm Market Product Tastings & Cooking Demos
- Pony Rides $3
- 4H Demos
1st Saturday of Every Month Event:
- Hayride turns into a "Christmas Carol Hayride" $5
- "Live Manger" Photo Opportunities $5 – It is really precious!!
- Costumes Available
- Live Local Singers: Various Times
- Pony Rides $3
- Plus all listed year round attractions
- 10am-2pm Old Miakka Farmers Market - Organic Vegetables, Artisan Breads + Various Local Product Vendors
Country Christmas: Begins Thanksgiving Friday, then Saturday’s 10-8pm thru Saturday before Christmas.
- All Attractions Listed for 1st Saturday of Every Month Plus:
- 35’ Water Slide
- Calf Scrambles Hourly
- + MORE