Yields: 6 4oz. portions
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 1/2 TSP unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Dakin heavy cream
- 2 cups Dakin buttermilk
- 1 TSP lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- Add water into small bowl and sprinkle gelatin into it. Let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes.
- Heat heavy cream, lemon zest, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add gelatin mixture and remove from heat. Blend well. Allow mixture to cool to lukewarm, stirring often.
- Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla. Divide into portions and refrigerate for 4 hours. Add favorite toppings, fruits, nuts, etc.