- Put 1/3 a gallon of Dakin dairy cream (about 50 to 60 degrees cold) into a food processor.
- Process on low speed for approximately 15 to 17 minutes until you see butter forming. Process for about 2 more minutes. Put contents in a bowl.
- Separate the butter from the buttermilk as much as possible. Discard the buttermilk.
- Put the remaining butter into a bowl of ice water. The butter will harden. After it has hardened, separate any remaining butter from the buttermilk.
- The butter should be refrigerated in a closed container.
Note: Flavors such as chive, garlic, salt, cinnamon, honey, etc. can be added at the beginning of this process as desired.